Under Construction ……
This is a meta-post where I keep track of, and try to impose some sort of order on, the posts in the blog that are primarily about the Chinese language.
Note that the categories below are not exclusive, so that one post may (and many do) appear multiple times:
There is a separate page just for Chanting, which also has a lot of Chinese stuff on it!
Koans, Capping Phrases, and other Zennisms
- “What comes in through the gate is not the family treasure”
- Blue Cliff Record, Case 14 (雲門云 對一說)
- busy busy pulling grass ….. (忙忙撥草去追尋)
- “turn the illuminating light of the mind inward”
- “Who is reciting the name of the Buddha?”
- Sitting Quietly Doing Nothing, Spring Comes and the Grass Grows By Itself
- “turn the illuminating light of the mind inward” (Chushi Fanqi 楚石梵琦)
- A koan is always about something